Tuesday, February 18, 2014

One Day Become a History Teacher


I think it was just an easy thing to do. But, I absolutely WRONG! It was not as easy as I thought. I couldn't do it well. I found many problems when I did that. I couldn't handle it, even I already had a good preparation.
http://p4mriikippgrisemarang.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/teach2.jpg

What did I do? I TAUGHT! I taught my classmates that became my students. It was not easy. It was a hard job. To be payed attention by the students was not easy as it looked. Well, especially the subject I taught. Could you guess what subject I taught? It was HISTORY.

Can you imagine how I taught it? Most students usually get bored when it is history subject. Just listening to the teacher makes most students get bored or sleepy. I really don't like history. I always get bored and sleepy when it was history subject. I also rarely got a good grade. Then, how could I teach it?

First, I decided the topic. The first topic I chose was Eiffel Tower. Sadly, Ma'am Agnes didn't allow me to use that topic. So, I chose Queen Cleopatra topic.

The method I used were presentation and games. I used the normal presentation, like most teacher do, because I didn't know other method that could make history be fun. I studied the topic few days before my turn. I taught with my partner, Dwi. It was very fun to work together with her, we had a lot of fun and also our presentation done well.

Then the games, we used the games like quiz. The first we put a couple ribbons under students chair one day before we taught. One day before we taught, we prepared it until 7 p.m. because we really wanted to teach well. We study the presentation again and again, we make ribbon and put it under some students chair and we prepared the prizes.

The next day, we must TEACH! We really hoped with all the preparation, we could do it well. But did you know what? When we started to teach, suddenly we forgot all the material that we should explain. So we explained everything that was in our mind.

How about the games? One word : FAILED! Even tough our preparation was good, our games still failed. Why? Because the students, no, all of the students didn't pay attention to us. So no one heard us. Then, the time ran out and our game failed.

Well, it was my first time teaching. And it was not easy, it was a hard job. The lesson I got : Pay attention to the teacher who is teaching, because teaching is not as easy as it looks. We must respect those teachers who still teach us, no matter how hard it is. They make us become smart to be a success person, maybe not today, but one day when we become success person, it is all because our teachers too. So start respect your teachers from now. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it doesn't matter if your game was failed or not ,
    The most important part was the process ;-)

    ReplyDelete